On the 4th of June I will be committing to 21 days of oil pulling with either sesame seed oil or coconut oil (preferably unrefined and cold pressed). I challenge everyone reading this post to do the same and bare witness to the benefits over the days throughout the challenge!
How do you do it?
- As soon as you wake up (before brushing your teeth), swish 1 tablespoon of either cold pressed/unrefined coconut oil or sesame seed oil in your mouth for 10-20 minutes straight.
- Spit into the garbage, then brush your teeth (avoid toothpaste with fluoride)
- Gargle and rinse with sea salt water.
- Repeat steps each morning consistently
What are some of the benefits?
- Whitens Teeth
- Strengthens teeth, gums, and jaw
- Prevents cavities and gingivitis
- Kills bacteria that causes bad breath
- Reduces inflammation and bleeding of gums
- Helps clear the sinuses
Check out the Events tab to get a glimpse of the challenge on the calendar. Feel free to drop a comment and let me know how it’s going for you!